How to update your Club Pbase Gallery
You can have up to 12 pictures on the Club pbase gallery ( as designated by the club ). You can get your own pbase account for $23 a year and have appro. 4000 photos on it.
You will need a username and password (remember that they are case sensitive)
Contact Tom Oakley or Jim Bruner for password and username
1. Go to http://www.pbase.com/ and log in with the above information. If you do not already have a gallery and want to start a new one, go below for "How to Create" new one first.
2. Find your gallery and click on it or enter it
3. At the top of the page click on "edit this gallery"
4. Scroll down to the section labeled "Upload Photos to this Gallery"
5. Click the "browse" button and when you find the first jpeg photo you want to add on your hard drive, double click that file name and the path will appear in the box there. (It must be jpeg format!)
6. Then click the button labeled "Upload Image." It may take a minute or so to upload.
7. Scroll down to the section labeled "Make changes to the images within this gallery" You will find a table with thumbnails and info on all photos in your gallery. It may take another minute before the one you just uploaded has it's thumbnail showing.
8. Since you are limited to 8 photos, you may now need to delete one of your older photos for the new one to replace. Do that by checking or clicking on the "Select" box by that photo. Then scroll down further to section labeled "Remove or Delete Items from this Gallery." Click the "Remove Selected Items" button and it will be deleted. (If you are replacing multiple photos, then do all at the same time by checking all of their boxes.)
9. Scroll back up to "Upload Photos to this Gallery" if you want to upload another new photo. I have just found another way where you can upload 4 or 8 all at one time (takes awhile). At the top of this page is another link you can click called "upload" which is above the blue bar or 4th line down from the top. Click it and you get a form where you can schedule a whole list of photos to be uploaded to your gallery.
10. If you want them in a different order than how you uploaded them, go to section labeled "Make changes to the images within this gallery" and change the sequence numbers.
TO CREATE A NEW GALLERY: (or ask Tom Oakley to create it for you)
1. When logged on to our site as described at top, go to "profile page" and click "All Galleries" then click on "edit root gallery"
2. Scroll down to section labeled "Create a New Gallery"
3. Name is file name which should be lowercase name run together, i.e. johndoe
4. Leave the check mark on "Create the gallery at root level"
5. Then click the button "New Gallery" and you are now in your galleryâ€™s editing section.
6. The title is what will go on the top of your gallery and its thumbnail on the club page. We request that you use you name with capitalization and spaces.
7. Write any description of your gallery you like. The ones I create for others I just put "Selected photos from John Doe," but you can do better!
8. At the bottom of that section click the button "Update Gallery"
9. You are still in it, but it is now named and described! Below is a section to upload photos one at a time to your gallery which is best for phone lines. If you are on cable you can go to the top of the page and click "Upload" and get a dialogue box for uploading a list of photos. It will still take some time to upload all 8, so be patient! And have fun!
Call if you have trouble figuring this out. You can change photos as often as you wish. It is your gallery. Just don't mess with other people's galleries.